Poppers are rarely used these days for heart problems, although amyl nitrite has continued to be used as a way of treating cyanide poisoning. Depends how you are using them – as leather cleaner or room deodorisers.

If not used properly they can cause a wide variety of complications and even cause death. Therefore it is extremely important to use caution when using poppers. Most importantly you should always use as directed on the bottle. You should never drink the liquid inside the bottle as it is extremely lethal if ingested. If the liquid is ingested you should seek medical attention immediately. The liquid can also cause chemical burns if it comes into contact with the skin. Make sure to always hold the bottle in an upright position and never hold in a pour position.